Friday, April 24, 2009

Yikes!

Sometime in the recent past, I remember hearing some verses out of 1 Peter that intrigued me. They weren't the main part of a sermon, more like supporting evidence. Anyhow, as I've been teaching Eli the books of the New Testament, every time I got to 1 Peter I would think "What was it about this that I liked?"

So, enough already. I've began reading this super short book this week.

And, I can't remember exactly what those verses were that stood out to me. Maybe they're in 2 Peter.

BUT! Don't despair. There is a TON of great stuff in 1 Peter. I'll leave you with this verse (trust me, it will get your mind spinning, especially remembering that to God all sin is equal!)

"Live as free men, but do not use your freedom as a cover-up for evil; live as servants of God." 1 Peter 2:16

Have a great weekend!

No comments: