Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Venting

I've been going thru clothes - weeding out maternity wear and switching out for spring/summer. In the process, I'm getting rid of stuff for our upcoming garage sale that will benefit our church's building fund.
I started this a few weeks ago and did pretty well. Emotionally that is. I was reminded of the cute clothes in smaller sizes I use to wear. Oh well, I've had 2 kids in less than 2 years. Blah, blah, blah.
Then, there was tonight.
I found another tub in the attic I needed to go thru. I became more annoyed with every piece of clothing I took out. Seriously? I have so many great clothes...only they're multiple sizes too small. And, some of them look barely worn. Ok, they haven't been worn in 2 1/2 years. But still, it is hard to realize the cuteness is no longer.
But, someone will get great clothes at the garage sale.
And, it has totally bummed out my day. If I believed in using stronger language, I would. I'm not in the mood for cute adjectives...just the blunt reality of the situation.
Yes, my children are healthy. Yes, my husband has a job. Yes, life won't always be like it is now. But, you know - right now I'm frustrated/embarrassed/stuck where I am.
There have been two recent events/comments that I've handled well...but tonight, they just feel like slaps in the face. Insult to injury.
Plus, I have to get up at 4:45 to drive to F'ville to donate plasma. Yes, I do this to help pay for diapers and formula and other necessities. And, guess what? My iron has been low the last two times and I couldn't donate/get paid. So, the drive did not pay out. I may loose it if my iron is still too low tomorrow.
I should go to bed now.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

love ya girl! LOVE YA! dealing with the frustrating body changes pregnancy leaves us with and stressing over making ends meet are two of the worst parts of "this stage" of our life. you are not alone.