Friday, April 3, 2009

Bizarro Day

I have experienced EVERY SINGLE EMOTION today. No exaggeration. Eli woke up dry...yeah! But, shortly after it became very evident that he had diarrhea. Um. Very interesting while potty training. He was very cuddly all morning. I tried to lay him down for an early nap, but he never went to sleep. So, ofcourse, he wet the bed. I then went to put him down for another nap around 2pm. Well, yes, you guessed it. He didn't go to sleep. And, had an episode in the crib. HMMM. So, off to the bath tub for him. As I cleaned his underwear, I prayed for grace and patience. Literally 30 seconds later, I turn around and Eli has poured my precious cup of coffee all on himself and the living room carpet. Breathe. I tried so hard to not get upset and let the tone of my voice change - he is very sensitive to this. So, I cleaned him up and reminded him to let me know if he needed to go potty. I also prayed again for this day to get a smidgen better.
So, we were getting ready to go to CKO's parent's home and I went to put Eli in the car. Oh...the car seats weren't in the car! I was saying, "Could this day get ANY worse???" So, I took Eli back inside. Abi was already in her car seat on the table. I put Eli's car seat in and went back to get him. But, the door to the garage was locked! So, I began rumaging through the car looking for a key. Super Mom me, I consolidated my purse into the diaper bag...and didn't transfer my house key! So, I called CKO and told him to get home immediately! But, he was 20+ minutes away. I could hear Abi crying/screaming and Eli got very distraught at not being able to open the door for me. After about 5 minutes, he said "night, night." And I didn't hear from him again. So, I called 911. I figured the police were closer than CKO and they could open the door for me. My mind was going thru all the possible situations of what he could be doing. The two nice policemen began checking every window and door. I kept knocking and calling for Eli. I went to the backyard and, thankfully left my kitchen curtains partly open. I knocked on the windows and kept calling for Eli. But, he was no where to be found! At this point my Dad called and I lost it. It was an extremely vulnerable situation. I called CKO and he was like, "I only have 6 miles of gas left! I may have to run the last few miles." I was like, "Whatever! Just get the key here!" The policemen had some gadget to try and open the locks, but it didn't work. Eventually CKO arrived and well, Eli had gone to him room, pulled all of his blankets out of his crib, laid on the floor and gone night, night. Just like he said he was going to do.
CKO and I sat down and held our babies for a few minutes. I cried thanking the Lord for sparing us from my worst thoughts.
And, Eli hasn't wet his pants since! He has told us and gone potty ever since!!!! PTL!!!
We also had a bonus surprise for dinner at CKO's parents. Ben, Katie, and baby London, AND Uncle Randy and Aunt Beth came over to eat! It was a spur of the moment get-together that was a blast! Kyle, Eli, and I cooked a wonderful dinner!
Anyhow, I'm glad to be able to post that the day has ended on a wonderful note. Eli wanted to potty and love on his Mama. I was all for that! Thankfully, Abi is resting too.
Now for Mama!

No comments: