Thursday, April 30, 2009

Detergent-Friendships-P90X

This will be a short post. I think. I'm tired and should be going to bed. Isn't that the life of a blogger?
Anyhow, if you live in the 479 and either haven't already made or heard of making your own laundry detergent...well...you are behind in this latest trend. Now, thanks to my P&G days, I am a LOYAL Tide fan. In fact, I'm a bit of a snob when it comes to detergent. But! In the spirit of being frugal, I am giving a shot at this home-made detergent. My Mom asked me if it gave me a sense of accomplishment. And, yes, it did! It is super easy! I'll have the recipe posted on my recipe blog in a bit. Some ladies I know that are clean freaks are very impressed with the detergent. The cost breakdown will be on the recipe. Enjoy! Oh, and I think my super-granola friend will approve of my cost savings and eco-friendly attempts!
The second topic I was going to post on is friendship. Well, I definitely don't have the energy to get into that tonight. Let's just say that it can be hard to get closure on a friendship. But, sometimes you just have to do it...in love and with a sincere heart. More to come on this when I am able to be more thorough.
Finally, P90X. I am a believer. I've been doing it for a week now. With some days off in between. I can tell a difference in my mid-section...AND...I am able to fit in a skirt that is a size smaller! Ladies: Is there a better feeling?!?! Can I get an AMEN?!?!
The kids are growing, Chris is on his 3rd class of him MBA, and I'm keeping up with dishes and vacuuming. Life is good.
Sweet dreams.

4 comments:

Suzanne said...

rrrrr. I just left a whole comment on your cooking site and then lost it. Anyway...I made the detergent for about 6 months then went back to store brand. I used the Ivory soap, maybe I'll try again with the Fels Naptha. Over time I just noticed more and more spots and the socks just weren't white enough.

I do make my own dryer "sheets". 1 part of liquid fabric softner and 2 parts of water. Only make in small batches as it will get gunky over a long time. But a small bottle of Downy lasts me 3 months and I average 3 loads a day.

Suzanne said...

Ohh...and you dip a thick sponge into the fabric softner mix then squeeze it out and throw in the dryer.

JB and Cindy said...

I like the link to my blog, you crack me up :)
Sorry to hear about the friendship thing, I think? Looking for more details on that to come...
Love ya! And, glad to know I'm not the only one getting my butt kicked- wish you were here to work out w/ me.

Clay and J said...

I'll be curious to know how you like the homemade detergent! As soon as I run out of Windex I'm going to make my own from a recipe my mom in law gave me. Fun!