Tuesday, March 31, 2009

How to stimulate the economy

Like many of you, I have had my fill on what it will take to "fix" the economy. It seems like it is the all-consuming topic of the news, the grocery store, get-togethers...you name it and I'm sure they're having a discussion on the economy.
So...imagine my surprise when I read this scripture the other day:
"I rejoice in following your statues
as one rejoices in great riches." Psalms 119:14
It got me thinking. Do I rejoice in following God's Word like I found great riches, won the lottery (which I do NOT endorse in any form), or have no financial worry? Probably not on most days. What would happen if I did? What would happen if all of us did? I wonder if it wouldn't stimulate the economy...or at least we wouldn't really care because we would be so focused on rejoicing in following God's will that we wouldn't be consumed by the economy.
Also...per my post yesterday, I was kinda dreading reading Proverbs 31. But, you know? It wasn't that bad. And, again, I think there is a lot to be learned about how to stimulate the economy in those versus. Seriously.
The Noble Woman works eagerly with her hands - bringing food from afar (probably a super cook), makes clothes for her family and servants, turns a profit on her investments, helps the poor, makes her bedding, sells homemade goods, and is well spoken and gives instruction. The pay off? Well, for starters, she doesn't worry about her family when it is snowing, she laughs at the days ahead. And, it gets better...her husband has full confidence in her and her children bless her.
She is so resourceful and diligent. Never complaining. Always looking to help others - both in and out of her family. And, her husband praises her. That alone is worth it all.
What are your thoughts on this? Could following the Bible's statues change the economy? Any ideas or ways that you're stimulating the economy based on His statues? Just a thought to throw out there.....

No comments: