Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Awesome Weather!

WOO HOO! We have had record warm weather for the past two days! Praise the Lord! (And praise Him that I found time to paint my toe nails last week in time for sandal weather!) Eli has been doing some serious outside playing! On Tuesday, we went to the park with Sarah and Faith. Eli loves to swing. I need to take him more - he's not too certain about the rest of the playground stuff. Anyhow, it was great. Sarah brought fresh blueberry muffins and I brought juice boxes and Cheetos. The kids thought it was delicious!
We've also been doing creative outdoor play in our backyard. I say creative because, well, it includes a big tupperware bowl filled with water and a little Dawn (for bubbles!), a Darren McFadden cup, a pink plastic cup, a small tupperware bowl, frog and octupus bath toys...well, and that's it. But, Eli gets a kick out of it all!
He is spending the night with his grandparents tonight. So...Abi and I have been spoiling ourselves! I can actually nap with only one child at the house! And, oh...it was a lovely long nap! Then we spent the afternoon playing, smiling, and giggling at each other. Is there a better way to spend the time?
Tomorrow the kids go to the doctor for checkups.
Also, how sad about Natasha Richardson dying. I am so sad for her husband and two boys. Wow. I can't imagine that happening so fast...and when her skiing accident seemed so minor!
Ok, Chris is home and I want to spend a few minutes with him...and watch 24!

No comments: