Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Full day already

So, it's only a little before 10 - but what a day already! Abi slept well last night, so I was ready to hit the treadmill by 6:45. This way - if the kids wake up Chris is still around to help with them. And, it was my strongest run yet. Anyhow, then Eli woke up in a weird mood. I can't say bad because, well, he's never really in a bad mood. But, definitely moody. I knew something was up when he didn't want his bottle first thing. I put him in a Pull Up and was rocking him - and yep, it leaked all over my pants. Why did I get "dressed" for the day already? Should have stayed in pj's.
Anyhow, my mind was racing the whole time I ran (funny word play). I really need to start a home-based business. If anything to help pay for diapers, formula, and baby food. So, my mind is rapidly working. I have some ideas, but I need to get them straightened out. Please keep this in your prayers.
Today is going to be a great day - the kids and I are going to Dad's tax office to finish up our friend's taxes, then we're going to the Rhea Lana consignment sale. I got so much great stuff for the kids last time! HURRAY!!! And, I'm thinking about venturing to WalMart with the kids. This is a B-I-G step!!!
So, despite my attitude, my e-daily devotion was right on..."The words of the godly are like sterling silver; the heart of a fool is worthless.The words of the godly encourage many, but fools are destroyed by their lack of common sense." —Proverbs 10:20–21 What a reminder that my words can encourage or destroy. As a mom of two little ones, this is a sobering reminder that it's not all about me. And, that my kids don't understand all the "issues", but they do pick up on our attitude. As the Bible teaches us, we will have hard times just like everyone, but it is how we respond to them that sets us apart from the world. "The Christian life is about endurance." (for Mom - one of our recent life quotes)
Ok, I've got to balance the check book. I'll continue saying those verses to myself as I pay bills!

No comments: