Wednesday, January 20, 2010

The proof's in the zipper!

So, I'm still on target for my first half marathon {13.1 miles} in March. I am fortunate to have a treadmill at home {in the garage} that allows me to log some miles any time {usually after the kids are snoozing}. I'm also fortunate that Chris supports this crazy goal of mine.
This all said...you'd think that logging 15+ miles a week would lead to some weight loss. Well, not this runner. I am wearing two sizes smaller in pants and can wear medium blouses...but, I want to see the numbers go down! Seriously! What has to happen?!?!
I gave up soft drinks about 4 months ago. {Cravings never let up!} I don't do anything really different on my eating. I just try to be sensitive to my running schedule. For instance, tonight I knew I had a run so I only had one chicken tender and just a little bit on mashed potatoes at dinner. After all, you have to eat if you're burning 600 to 1,000 calories per workout. {Yes, I burned 1,042 calories on Sunday!}
Anyhow, I do keep certain goal clothes in my closet in a variety of sizes. I have some great pink pants from Talbots, pink pin-striped pants from the Gap, some skirts, a dressy outfit, and this amazing sundress from Ann Taylor. I got it on our girl's spring break trip to Florida...back before facebook was even thought of!
Anyhow, I keep it hanging in my closet and try it on every 3 weeks or so. Well. Tonight I was able to zip it all the way up! Go me! Seriously! Numbers schnumbers! There are real payoffs to the miles I'm logging.
I can't wait for spring! I'm going to have so many "new" clothes to wear!!!
Until then...I'm facing an 8 mile run on Saturday! The longest I'll have ran yet! Small victories like tonight keep me going!

1 comment:

Brett and Jill said...

I am so proud of you. You are really inspiring me to get moving. I don't run, but I need to get walking more. Keep up the good work! You are doing awesome.