Sunday, January 31, 2010

Haiti -

I'll be honest, I've been a bit removed from the devastation the earthquake caused in Haiti. I grew up knowing and experiencing the effects of earthquakes. They're not fun. In fact, to this day I do not do well if a bridge sways or in elevators when it feels like it's moving kinda funny.
Ok, this is not about me.
My Uncle Bob Harper (Uncle because he served with my parents as a Southern Baptist missionary in Mexico and we're a family like that) is in Haiti. He is helping set up water filtration systems and translating (French)/teaching the Haitians how to use them.
Please read this update on his daughter's blog. The pictures are heart breaking. The one that gets me is the boy with a toy made out of an empty water bottle. How many toys do my kids have thrown around?
Please pray and give as the Lord leads you. Although we cannot all be there, we can pray for those that are and for our brothers and sisters that are boldy showing Christ's love to their country.

No comments: