Saturday, January 23, 2010

Family Recap

What a week. It's been long. But, good. But, long.
The weather has been nice enough for me to take the kids out on a walk twice this week. It just affirms that they are getting big. Eli loves to wear his backpack (monkey/dog on the back) and even hands me the leash (b/c I'm not sure what to call it!). And, he keeps one hand on the stroller (which I don't require unless we're crossing the street, but he seems to enjoy it). Anyhow, it's a great opportunity for us to talk about nature and all that God has made. Eli enjoys seeing the kids get off the school bus (one of his most favorite things ever!) and watching them play basketball in their driveways. He's working on learning his address. I vividly remember having to learn my address and phone number in kindergarten...he's 2 1/2!
Abi is changing before my eyes. She got a toy stroller for Christmas and yesterday she discovered that she can push it. It's the first walking she's done without us holding her hands. She's a pro already. And, she's quiet proud of herself. I think she got her Mama's self-confidence. Her brother liked to help her at first, but I think he's realizing that he's got some competition for my attention.
So, I'm balancing myself between Abi learning to walk and Eli learning to use his Thomas the Train laptop thing. So funny.
Chris found out yesterday that the job he applied for had been closed for a few weeks, but the system hadn't taken it off their website. Really? So typical. While it's not the outcome we had hoped, I'm glad we've found out now and can move on. Back to square one. Whatever and wherever that is.
I've just finished another long run. Not the 8 I had originally planned on, b/c I took a few days off this week and I felt that 6 was sufficient. Still long. Still getting stronger. Anyhow, we're off to work at the tax office today. I love tax season! I do! I've helped at my Dad's tax business for 5 or 6 years now and I enjoy it more every year. I have some free movie passes that Chris and I may redeem to see Avatar in 3D. Personally, I want to roll my eyes. Chris is beyond determined that I will love it. We'll see. Everyone hearts it. Again, we'll see.
Time to get clean! The kiddos will be wanting strawberry milk before you know it!
Happy Saturday!

3 comments:

Kimber said...

Eli and Abi seem to be getting bigger and bigger everyday!
BOO on the job:( Hopefully some other great opportunity will come along!
Let me know what you think about the movie..Dad thinks I also would love it but Im not so sure.

Ashley said...

Girlfriend I am so glad you are doing well & doing great with your runs! ;) Hold me accountable!!!

I saw Avatar & LOVED it! I thought I was going to hate it!!!

Sassy Cassie said...

you will like go see it :) I went in not expecting to like it at all. And I really enjoyed it!