Monday, June 29, 2009

Weekend full of fun!

Our weekend was fast and furious. And great. I can honestly say that I thoroughly enjoy being with my husband. Now...the one vehicle thing...well...it's an adjustment. But, it really makes us communicate and plan. And, we get to hold hands a lot more! And, smile at each other as Eli says silly things and Abi coos.
Anyhow, Chris worked at our church painting the red iron and sprinkler lines in the sanctuary on Thursday and Friday. That may have been a run on sentence. Oh well. We wanted/needed a cool down, so we went to Aunt Lindsey's to swim. Eli loved his news trunks and vest. Abi enjoyed swirling around too. The water was so warm. And, the burgers were delicious!
On Saturday, we ventured down to Fayetteville. Mom met them at Toys R Us - Eli needed a helmet for outdoor activities in Kentwood. He also got a little computer thing. More to come on that after our trip. We then headed to Target where I got the bathing suit I wanted...thankfully, no more wearing the maternity swim suit from last summer. Oh, and we went swimming again! So lovely. We went to an outdoor wedding. Oh.my. I haven't been that hot in a very long time. The wedding and wedding site were beautiful, but the heat just about ruined it all. It wasn't just the heat - but keeping my little ones from having heat strokes! Abi was stripped down within the first 5 minutes. Anyhow, there were lots of efforts to keep them cool.
Yesterday we had a lovely time at church. We had dinner on the ground - I always enjoy that. Chris had to finish up some painting and I redeemed my Easter present and got a pedicure. Oh my. More to come on that too. We went to watch some local fireworks. We couldn't see them really well...but that didn't stop Eli from having a blast.
And, now? Well, I'm working on the zillionth load of laundry. We leave soon for Louisiana! With every passing hour I get more excited. And a bit anxious about getting everything done!
I should probably fold clothes before the little ones wake.....

No comments: