Monday, February 23, 2009

The weekender

Well, you probably feel the same way - the weekend has come and gone. Even being at home I have the same thought on Monday morning: how long is it to Friday? I guess some things never change.

Friday night we went to Chris' parents home. Kyle made chicken fried rice and chocolate pie. I think he could live on those two items alone! It was delicious! Kimber was home and we got updated on the latest wedding plans. It won't be long! We had a relaxing evening enjoying everyone and we watched The Wager with Randy Travis. It was a good movie - a bit slow - but a great family film.

After work on Saturday, Chris went goose hunting with his uncle. So, yes, the kids and I came to my parents house. Eli played so hard. He is serious about playing. He helped make a fire (a routine task) and got to visit with his Uncle Micah and Aunt Ga Ga (Glenda).

We had a wonderful time at church - even thru the artic Sunday School class. Thankfully I had Abi to snuggle with! The afternoon was fast and furious - I was able to finish some cards, do a little website editing, spend time on the treadmill (!), and go by WalMart...all before our 4:30 meeting at church! We're in the process of building and WOW! It is coming together! It's like we've been talking and planning and talking and planning for the better part of 2 years now - and the building will be ready to go up in 3 weeks! I can't wait to see the plans the Lord has for the church! I've been dreaming about the church most nights...now that we've setteled on wall colors I'm hoping to stop dreaming about them!

Well, I've got to meet Chris at the Ford dealership in a few minutes and it takes me the better part of 30 minutes to get me and the kids ready to walk out of the house.

We've had a wonderful weekend full of family! Thanks to everyone for making it so fun for the kids and relaxing for the parents! We are truly blessed!

No comments: