Tuesday, February 17, 2009

A quick catch up

It's been a few weeks since I've posted. I get caught up in catching up with other blogs, that I ignore my own. Oh, so is life.

We had a great trip to OKC. Well, except for the change in sleep patterns of the kids. And, by change in patterns I'm not referring to a positive one. They wore us out! But, our purpose was to celebrate Ian's dedication to the Lord and it was wonderful. Such a special time in a family's life. During the service, they showed a power point of all the babies being dedicated. Eli (who loves pictures) was very impressed and oohed and aahed at the pictures. At the end he clapped and asked for more. It was adorable!

While there, I was able to participate in a ladies' ministry get-together. It was just what I needed. It has been a while since I've spent time with other women AND was a participant, not an organizer. So nice. The ladies were all so kind and very inspiring.

Back to the home front in Centerton, we're continuing with the daily grind. Eli's vocabulary is growing by leaps and bounds daily. He's also big into repeating. It's adorable! You should ask him where his thumbs are. It's so cute. And, he plays this game where he sticks his hand back inside his sleeve and acts as though he can't find his hand. Then, he dramatically pulls it out and celebrates finding it! It is hilarious. We do this many times a day. Abi is continuing to grow. Unfortunately, she's not sleeping any longer than she did at birth. When does this change? I can't remember! And, she's a cryer. Not colicy - but, as I tell her, she is very passionate. Which is a good thing...later in life! I think she's definitely a strong willed child. HMMM...no comments please on where that came from!

Sunday night I was reconnected with a missionary cousin from Mexico. I haven't seen her in atleast 12 years!!! We both are married with kids! What a difference 12 years makes! Anyhow, she lives only 15 minutes away and her son goes to school a few blocks from my house! How great is that?!?! So, I gave her my phone number (I didn't have mine to get her number) so we could catch up. She called this morning. Only thing is that my phone never showed a missed call or logged her number. BUT...I did get her voice mail. Of course, she didn't leave her number b/c that's what caller ID is suppose to do for you. So, I guess I'm going to have to call the phone company. Gross. You know that's going to take forever. Hopefully she doesn't think I'm snobby.

I would ask for your prayers for our home. We're in the midst of making decisions about my possible return to work or to be a full time stay-at-home mom. It's a big decision that will require sacrifice and creative budgeting. But, obviously there are monumental benefits! Please pray that Chris and I would be united in the details of making this decision.

Also, we're expecting new nieces any day now. London Eve and Elizabeth Elle - not twins. But, they will be making their arrival any time now. We pray the Lord gives their mother's safe and quick deliveries to healthy little girls. We can't wait to give those girls kisses!

Ok, I need to fold laundry. Fun times!

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Dropping that second income is definitely a scary thing! I will keep you guys in my prayers.

Caribbean Cindy said...

I certainly will be praying for your decision. It's a big one. To be able to stay home with your kids would be such an incredible blessing to you and to them, worth the sacrifice if God leads you in that direction!