Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Re-introductions

What a difference a day makes! Even though Abi only slept in 2 1/2 hr intervals (ugh!), it's been a good day. I've even had time to reintroduce myself to the treadmill! Such a good old friend.

It's interesting - if I get up around 6 and do my Bible study, get a shower, do some laundry, and (of course) have coffee - I have more energy than if I "sleep" in til 8 or 9!

Today Eli has learned his elbow, ankle, chin, and cheek! We've also added Polar Bear, Polar Bear to our reading routine. He loves Brown Bear, Brown Bear.

It's only taken 6 weeks, but I've finally figured out how Abi likes to sleep best. On her back, not swaddled, not with any blankets near her, with her head facing north (or the window). Oh, she's so peaceful when she sleeps! Plus, I've been limiting giving her a paci. She doesn't do so great with it anyways, so I'm just not going to fight it. If she'll sleep fine without it, then she doesn't have to have it.

Ok, Eli has woken up from a way too short of a nap. Oh - anyone, please leave comments on your potty training tips - what worked and what didn't. We are quickly approaching this phase!

1 comment:

Day Family said...

I'm not sure exactly how old Ele is, but I trained Jack somewhere between 2 and 2.5 (I can't remember exactly). It was mainly about when I was ready to devote my time and energy to it. I took one weekend (so Mark could be home to help) and really concentrated on it. I put him in underwear, gave him lots of juice to make sure he had lots of practice, and one skittle when he used the toilet and of course made a huge deal about it. We had a few puddles at first, but he caught on quick. He was a pro after the weekend.We moved on from candy to a chart w/ stickers. He had a relapse during Christmas festivities, so we used the chart again. I hope Eli is as easy to train as Jack!