Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Obama - Part 1

Well, it's a rare time when both kids are napping soundly. So, I'm going to take a few minutes to blog about a soapbox issue.

Here's my deal with Obama - I do wish him success, as that will reflect our country. However, it is up to him to prove himself to me. Well, it didn't take long for him to pass legislation that disappointed me. First, there's the "Global Gag" rule that Obama overturned. Basically, our government will now send money to foreign groups that advocate/mention/recommend abortion. It should be mentioned that Bush 41 signed the bill stopping this practice. Then, Bill Clinton repealed it. Then, Bush 43 re-instated it. So, now we're back to Obama who is allowing our tax dollars to fund abortion approving groups around the globe.
Another big issue I have is the appointment (or attempted appointment) of several cabinent members that had back taxes not paid. Seriously? It is an embarrassment that our law makers cannot abide by the laws they require the rest of us to follow. Oh, and if the people had been Republicans the media would chew them apart. But, you know, media just acts like "oops - he spilled some milk on the kitchen floor and didn't clean it up."

Ok, Abi's crying...more to come after I get her settled.

No comments: