Monday, September 7, 2009

Recap

Ahhh...it's Labor Day and I'm laboring on the computer! I'll take it! We've had a full and busy weekend! With lots of success.

On Friday we spent a lot of time down at the office working through the requirement for the city. The fire marshall and the city people came and did inspections...along with the forms to complete for getting a business and city license. PTL it all went well!

My parents kept the kids since Chris had his insurance test on Saturday morning. We studied and studied and studied. He called at about 9:45 and told me he passed!!! He said that while he walked to the truck he wanted to tell everyone "Praise the Lord! Blessed be the name of the Lord!" I love that. I don't know about you, but when my husband spontaneously breaks into praise, it just makes me fall in love with him all over again!

I spent the first half of Saturday cleaning! It means a lot that I took the time for my self and my home. We'v been doing so much lately that our home has taken a back seat. I cleaned bathrooms, baseboards, our shower, mopped, put up the clothes, and some blinds. I cleaned off the kitchen table and did a little fall decorating on it. Well, our home was either super dirty or I did a super job because Chris kept saying, "It's really nice, Kitty. It looks really good." Mental note, I should clean more often!

We spent Saturday night at the Keelings watching those Hogs! WOO PIG SOOIE! And, that's really all there is to say about that!

Sunday we went to Lakeside Baptist Church to see Braden be baptised. When the second person was baptized, Eli said (loudly) "They're in the water! ... Ready!" It was SO funny! Then, he said, "Eli be baptized!" And, it tore at my heart. Soon, my love. Soon.

We've been working feverishly at the church getting ready for our FIRST Sunday...this Sunday! It's a lot of work decorating Sunday School rooms! But, it's so exciting to know that people will come to know Jesus and have their lives changed at the church and thru the church!

This weekend I have seen God's hand of work everywhere. My uncle used to pastor out at Lakeside years ago, and I can see the fruits of his work...and now my cousin is the youth pastor there. The legacy continues. Serving the Lord is hard and long work. But, the benefits are out of this world! Press on! Make yourself available to Him and prepare to be blown away!

1 comment:

-Lou said...

Eli was adorable... "ready!!"