Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Hump Day

My head hurts like no body's business. Plus, I actually can't remember when we had a day without rain. Oh well. I know we need it.
Eli's been fighting a virus. Tonight's his first night in the last 3 to go to bed without a fever. But, he's such a trooper...he didn't know he was suppose to feel sick! Other than being a little cranky, he kept on!
On a very random note...I think our local news lady wears the hair bump thing in her hair. Seriously. It doesn't do her any favors. Oh well, I guess she has a stylist and it's their job, not mine.
I've kinda been in a blah mood today. Maybe lately. I just feel like my to-do list continues to grow and that I'm not doing any of it well. I never thought of myself as a "push over," but I feel like people just "mention" projects/things to do and it's automatically implied that I'll handle it or be an integral part of it. I'm sure I'm being over sensitive. But, seriously, I've got so much on my plate thru the end of October. Yeah, none of it business related. I have recently more-than-once told my husband that I can sum me up as one that doesn't live up to everyone's expectations, so he can get in line with the others. Sad, huh?
But, the Lord is good and he will help me through it all. And, to say no to any future projects. My goal is to not book my schedule with non-work related projects thru the end of the year. This will be hard because of the holidays, but I am committed to trying to keep my schedule open of lots of extras. I want to be available to to my husband and kids- oh, yeah, and our business. I need to have the energy to work on our business!
With that, it's after 10pm and my head/neck/shoulders are throbbing. Sorry for the down and out post. I am blessed and am ready to rest in my favorite bed! Mine!

2 comments:

Mom said...

What does help look like? Call me.

Sara said...

Girl, you exceed all my expectations! :) You are the greatest! I love you, my dear friend! I'll call you a little later!