Tuesday, December 2, 2008

What a busy week

Today will be a catch-up post. I was off all last week for Thanksgiving. Oh - so nice! I conquered cleaning the baseboards in the living room. Then, I paid the price the next day. My body is definitely very pregnant!
We had a great Thanksgiving at Mom and Dad's house. Mom made breakfast enchiladas from December's Southern Living. The recipe is a keeper! Micah, Glenda, Chris, and I played Rummikub. How hard can that game be? Mexican train is much easier! We also watched The Christmas Card. Love it! It's a new movie that we bought at the Christian book store.
Friday included the famous LSU-Arkansas football game! I think people may look forward to that more than Thanksgiving itself! We were pleasantly surprised that Arkansas pulled the big Win (31 - 30). It's always a good game and the rivalry is thick at our home!
Saturday Mom and Dad came over to help with the Christmas tree. Remember, I am very pregnant. Anyhow, we couldn't have done it without their help. Seriously. Plus, my mom is a super cleaner! We decided not to put a lot of decorations up...well...because I'm super pregnant and Eli is in to everything! He is super impressed with the lights on the tree.
Sunday we woke up to SNOW! The best was rocking Eli with the tree lights on while the big flakes fell outside the window. So cozy! Not sure there is anything better.
So, now we're back in our "normal" routines. Chris' job continues to go well. I only have 3 partial weeks of work left! Eli's walking is getting stronger by the day. Only, now he wakes up for over an hour each night just wanting us near.
I'm going to the doctor on a regular basis now. Yeah for Abi's arrival! We have her crib up - no bedding, but the crib is up! I've got to get the big diaper bag and car seat cleaned up. She'll be here before we know it!
Have a wonderful day everyone!

No comments: