Wednesday, December 10, 2008

mkgirl


One of the best movies of all time is You've Got Mail. I am always in the mood to watch it. In fact, I think of it often throughout the different randomness of my life. I always aspire to have my hair cut and wear clothes like Kathleen Kelly. About a month ago, I became reconnected with a missionary aunt...Aunt Cindy Jenkins. While we were in Mexico I spent a good amount of time in her home (in Guadalajara). I was telling Chris that her zucchini bread recipe is the first recipe I can remember getting from someone. And, yes, I still make it to this day!


Anyhow, Aunt Cindy and Uncle Rick are now missionaries in Barbados. Yes, very lovely. Back to the point of the post. She has a blog that she updates daily, but it is not open for public viewing. When she emailed me my username and password, I giggled a bit. My password is "mkgirl." So funny! Being in the states for the past several years, it's easy to forget my identity as a missionary kid.


But, every time I log in to read her blog, I get a few seconds of girly giddiness when I type m-k-g-i-r-l. At the same time, I can imagine Kathleen Kelly logging on to her email in her pj's and tapping her fingers - shopgirl waiting on mail from NY152.


Ok, back to reality.....

1 comment:

Caribbean Cindy said...

Ahhh, Kitty, you just put a big smile on my face. I just read this because I did not have my computer with me in the U.S. I had no idea my little name for you could bring on a whole post! That was neat. You were such a great part of our time in Mexico. I have made zucchini bread for our neighbors here and it was a big hit! Praying for all of you and that sweet baby girl on the way! I love you!