Thursday, December 11, 2008

Good times, good times

I just want to say that being this pregnant, it's important to celebrate the small things. For instance, I've been meaning to make banana bread for the past week. I've also been meaning to clean my kitchen floors for...well, too long to remember.

Chris had to work late last night and Mom came over to care for Eli. He's dealing with a cold/sinus mix and cutting three teeth.

Since Eli wasn't interested in solid food, I gave him some favorites and let him "play" with it. He had grapes and these veggie dip cheetos like things. Naturally, he dumped them all over the kitchen floor and was cooking with them (I also gave him some bowls and spatulas). This is all while I was working on the banana bread. The point was to basically make my floor as dirty as possible so that I would be FORCED to clean them!

Thanks to Mom's entertainment for Eli, I was able to make 4 loaves of banana bread, fold and put away clothes, sweep, and mop my kitchen floors. The important thing is that I believe this is the FIRST time I've mopped my floors. I'll admit - I'm a Swiffer type cleaner and the floors only get mopped when Mom is helping out. So, for me to use my new blue bucket and mix some ammonia water and USE the mop is a big step for me. Yeah for growing up! In fact, I even took my socks off so that I could know what it's like to walk barefooted on a super clean floor!

Plus, Mom was able to get Eli to go to sleep by 7:45!!! So, I had another full hour to myself. Although, I'll admit. I got the heating pad, propped my feet up, and enjoyed a hot piece of banana bread while I waited for Chris. Then I slept super good! Praise the Lord!

Eli slept 12 hours and woke with a low grade temperature. Poor little guy. But don't feel too sorry for him - he is too busy walking between the Christmas tree in the living room and the one in his room to know that he doesn't feel well. He is enchanted with them! And, if you come over - he'll take you by the hand and show them to you!

More cleaning for the next 36 hours. Aunti O...aka Rebekah...is coming up for the weekend! YEAH! So, the goal is to clean both bathrooms and the guest bedroom. The "man"room is a mess! Plus, the menu for the weekend includes homemade bisquits, sausage, eggs, peppermint coffee, chicken'n dumplings, gumbo, french bread, grasshopper torte, and sweet tea. Last but not least, many rounds of Mexican Train by the fire at my parents house! CAN'T WAIT! WE LOVE IT WHEN AUNTIE O VISITS!!!

No comments: