Thursday, December 18, 2008

Last Day full of surprises!


Well, I'm down to the final 65 minutes of working in the office. I will work from home for a few days and officially begin maternity leave after Christmas. I am officially super pregnant. I told my manager yesterday that my clothes were starting to not fit. Thankfully I had my hair cut and highlighted yesterday because....

My meeting with my manager and team leader this morning ended up being a surprise baby shower! And seriously, I was VERY surprised! No idea! The "men of Duracell" hosted the shower and did an awesome job! Of course, there was Chick-fil-A breakfast (I guess I comment a lot on how much I love chicken bisquits!) and very fun games.

The first game involved 5 different stuffed animals. Ranging from a 2 foot Iams dog, a reindeer, the Charmin bear, and a couple of Razorback items. 5 men had 1 minute to diaper the pet of their choice with a handkerchief and 2 safety pins. It was hilarious! The second game was to guess how "big" my belly is - and the winner won by less than an inch! Thirdly was the word game where no one could say "baby" - or lose their safety pin! The guys had very cute certificates for the winners! And, at P&G we are all type-A and super competitive. It was a lot of fun!

The decorations were over-the-top! It was almost like prom! Last night, several of the men and their families came up to the office and made a big arch of pink and white balloons and pink candy bags for everyone. Oh, and there were big pacifiers made of pink and white balloons! Eli is going to be in heaven - he is balloon crazy!

The team gave me several nice items, including the majority of Abi's bedding. This is a MAJOR answer to prayer. We haven't had the money to buy it and I've tried my best to not worry about it - like she's really going to need it for a few months (or so I tell myself). I've been praying about letting God take care of the situation instead of me forcing an answer. The team cannot know how timely their gift has been. I cannot wait to get home and transform her bare white crib into a warm and inviting place for our little cupcake to rest.

Also, I am very appreciative of Michael Brown's family's help with the shower. Ani led the way with the balloons and their two daughters made the gift bags. I hear they had quite a good time putting them together. The Brown's lost an infant daughter less than a month ago and I feel like it makes their time and support even more special. They are a dynamic Christian family that celebrates all life that is given from God. What an inspiration to Chris and me.

Now I'm down to the final 53 minutes! I am very thankful for this company that does support mothers and families in general. They make it easy to be a Mom. The men of Duracell have set a high standard for the WalMart team. Thanks to everyone who helped plan, execute, and celebrate the arrival of AbiJean!

No comments: