Thursday, May 21, 2009

It must be Thursday

I've blogged about this before. Thursdays are rough days for me. It's like my mind and body are ready for the weekend. Ready to see my husband. Ready to have my family awake and together for more than an hour at a time. Ready to do projects together.
And...this morning. My mind and body knew it was Thursday.
Oh, Thursday.
On the positive - before work this morning, Chris and Eli sprayed the yard to kill weeds. Then, Eli and I planted wild flower seeds. If they come up...we win. If not, it was a fun morning activity.
Pretty much, after flower planting it was just like seeing thru mud. Like the auto industry, our home is going thru "restructuring." Painful. But necessary for survival. And, ultimately for the best.
I should just know to stay inside on Thursdays. I made an attempt to run some errands and take care of business on the phone while driving them. (It helps b/c the kids are strapped in one place!) But, this just led to more pain and I changed plans and returned home. Do you ever just want to be home? Like it's a shield from the ugly world? It's just comforting to snuggle with your children. Their warmth and kisses breathe fresh life on me.
My Dad came by and took us to McDonald's. Eli hearts that place (even though he's only been a handful of time). Like his father did as a toddler. And. We got caught! My Mom pulled in the parking lot as we were getting the kids in the car. She was coming on a surprise visit!
The kids showed their grandparents the frog swimming pool. Which reminds me that I need to post pics on here. Mom took Eli to WalMart and he came back with a ball, swimming trunks (vs his underwear!), and sunglasses. Abi got a polkadot dress for her daddy's bday party on Saturday.
And, Chris had a rough day at work. Why? Why on a Thursday? It's always a lesson in grace and love for me to care for him after a long day. No time to burden him with more. Just to love him where he is, get him a cold drink (grape koolaid!) and a hot meal.
I had good conversations with Dad. Talking with him is like putting balm on cracked skin. Know what I mean? He is so patient and wise. Must be the gray hair! And, encouraging. And, loving. And, kind. Always kind.
So, now that it's the end of the day...it's still Thursday. But, like before, I've survived it. And, tomorrow Chris gets off early for a long weekend! Plus he turns the big 30!
I am blessed. And thankful.
God is good all the time.
All the time, God is good.

2 comments:

JB and Cindy said...

Awe, I'm sorry you had a rough day... Praying you enjoyed a much deserved, great weekend! Love ya.

Caribbean Cindy said...

Loved how you describe talking with your dad - so sweet!!