Thursday, September 1, 2011

The house

I'm going to try and make myself write more- even if it's just a short note about the days events.
Our next step on this roller-coaster ride of life we're on, is to sell our house. {I'm working to not refer to it as "our home."} The Lord has allowed us to stay in our home, err, this house during this time, but it is time to sell. We are not near foreclosure and would prefer to stay that way. After I made an appointment with the Realtor I looked at Caleb and said, "It's only material possessions. It's only material possessions." And, he agreed. At least in spirit!
There are many more questions than we have answers to. I do not know how much more the Lord will require of us. But, He allowed us to have this shelter to begin with and He will provide for us in the next phase.
When I get overwhelmed with all the decisions and emotions of it all I find myself saying, "Just do the next thing. The one next thing." Often that's just washing up the bottles. Or changing the clothes in the washer. Or taking a shower. Just the one next thing.
Please be in prayer for our family. As mentioned, there are not near enough answers for the questions we are asking. We are blessed with health and a joyful family. Please pray for a buyer for our home (err!) (quickly!) and for arrangements for where we'll call home next. I would also covet your prayers for my emotional well-being. It is tough and when it gets tough my levels of patience and kindness tend to dry up! Which makes for a tough time on everyone around me. And, really, all I want to do is hold my children close to me. That those moments, not the irrational ones, would be what they remember about their Mom.
Speaking of, it's time to go pick up some! Any tips on keeping a house tidy with a 4 year old, 2 3/4 year old, and 3 month old?!?!?! Praise the Lord no animals are involved!

Here's a slideshow we made a while back when we tried to sell last...

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: 440 Walker Street
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Create your own free picture slideshow

No comments: