Thursday, September 22, 2011

The good stuff...Part 1

This post is a testimony of God's goodness.
As mentioned in Back Story Part 1, I was in a tough spot with my walk with the Lord. For the past week I felt a tug to get back into a Bible Study. I was praying for the Lord's direction and affirmation. With having three little ones I am striving to be very intentional with my time commitments. I get great ideas, but sometimes they're meant to be just that: ideas. I wrestled with offering a study at our church, but to be honest, I just don't have the strength to be a leader at this phase of my life.
Tuesday morning (9/20/11) I had a strong tug to get in the Word. Strong. Like, how fast can I get there? kind of feeling. And, I know better than to mess with that. When the Lord prompts, I am to respond immediately. I had to take the kids to school, but I was meeting my Mom for lunch later that day- and I didn't have enough gas to drive back and forth to home/lunch/school and whatever else I needed to do this week. So, Caleb and I were going to hang out at my in-laws (a central location)- I had my Bible, a Bible Study book, my pen. I was ready. Only as I drove in to their neighborhood I saw both my brother-in-law and mother-in-laws cars in the driveway. What? (Oh, sorry if you're reading this. Nothing personal, just needed quietness before the Lord.) I shook my head with aggravation because my life motto had become "Nothing is easy." Here it was, yet again. (Oh, later to find out my brother-in-law got his braces off which is why he wasn't in school and my MIL was not at work!) So, Caleb and I drove home. I sat on the floor of my room, in a corner, a place where the Lord was kind enough to meet me a few weeks back. I opened my Bible to Lamentations 3. Not sure I've ever on-my-own gone there. But again, the Lord was prompting. Here is a glimpse of what Jeremiah had to say:

"He has driven me away and made me walk in darkness rather than light; indeed, he has turned his hand against me again and again, all day long. He has made my skin and my flesh grow old and has broken my bones. he has besieged me and surrounded me with bitterness and hardship. He has made me dwell in darkness like those long dead. He has walled me in so I cannot escape." (2-7)

Oh, such sweet words of comfort for me. The Lord was showing me, ever so kindly, that He knew exactly where I was - just as he did with his profit Jeremiah. Keep reading!

"I remember my affliction and my wandering, the bitterness and the gall. I well remember them, and my soul is downcast within me. Yet this I call to mind and therefore I have hope: Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is thy faithfulness. I say to myself, 'The Lord is my portion; therefore I will wait for him.'" (19-24)

I had to shut my eyes and stop for a moment of sincere gratitude. Here is the pattern again, to remember and acknowledge the situation, but to bring glory to Him and acknowledge who He is. These Truth's have had to be washed over me many times. I have had to marinate in them- over and over again. I swallowed hard and agreed, "The Lord IS my portion; therefore I will wait for him." Ah, the sweetness of God's goodness. His Living Word made available as Bread to nourish me, His child.

On my way to lunch with my Mom I called some local churches to inquire about their women's Bible Studies. I shared with Mom my intention to go to Beth Moore's Believing God study at FBC Centerton. They were already a couple of weeks into it, but it is what it is.

While at lunch I shared with my Mom about Lamentations 3. And another verse in Lamentations that I will blog about later b/c it's so amazing. She was very kind to share affirming words and Words. Sometimes I feel bad that my mom has to hear about my crazy life (although we live it before them), but she does do her best to listen and commits to pray for our family. Again, not perfect, but desiring us to know Him more and to trust Him more. Man, have we had the opportunity!

One.more.blog.post.

No comments: