Sunday, January 9, 2011

Week 1 Recap

I agree with you. If I say I'm going to blog, then I need to blog! Get on with it already!
We have had one v.e.r.y. busy week! We returned last Sunday from Louisiana and I thought I had two days at home with the kids before the craziness unleashed. I am helping out at one of Dad's tax businesses and the kids are going to Pre-K five days a week during the crazy season. Crazy is right! So, Monday I was eating lunch with the kids while we enjoyed one of Abi's new Minnie Mouse cartoons (and surrounded by no less than 10 loads of laundry and Christmas debris) and the phone rang. The school. I figured they wanted to remind me I actually needed to register Abi (b/c why wait to the last minute?). Well, very kindly Ms. Marsha reminded me/informed me that school started that day, not Wednesday! Right. So after naps we made a mad dash around town to get Abi registered and get a nap mat and everything else I thought I had two days to do!
The kids love school! Praise the Lord! They do go to a fantastic learning center at a church and I am totally at ease with them there. Definitely a blessing! I'll do a separate post about Abi and her school experience. If I had a dollar for every time my parents have said this week, "She is just like her mother!"
The tax season is quickly upon us. There are some major changes this year thanks to Big Brother. They are really good at telling you how you can spend your money, but also at telling businesses how they can make money or not. Big government. Hmmm.
All the changes this week have left me with a bunch of Braxton Hicks contractions- not sure I remember having so many this early (21 1/2 weeks) in my past pregnancies. But, maybe my muscles are just more relaxed third time around. I'm also having more sciatic nerve/hip pains. Growing a baby is tough! But, it's a blessed reminder that Caleb is growing and thriving. And, we are very thankful for that!
To add to the awesome first week of the New Year, we also had Abi's 2nd birthday party! {I'll try to get a post done on that too!} I was very stressed about getting our house clean and Christmas decorations down! Accomplished about 2 hours pre party! I am thankful to have a husband that just assumes the job of dismantling the tree- to be fair, I was busy making cupcakes with blackberry buttercream frosting!
So...to sum up the week- it was crazy busy, but the Lord brought us thru in one piece! And, I now have a list of other posts to write! And, pictures! Until then, I'm going to have some coffee!

No comments: