Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Sinus infections be gone!

This week has been very unique. Some moments funny. Some moments frustrating. Some moments of utter chaos. But, all very unique.
We had a very busy weekend. All of us have been battling colds and sinus issues. The tiredness added to the downfall of our immune systems. Abi had pink eye about a month ago- and with her sinus cold every 3 days her eyes would get red, swell, and be gooey. Great. Sunday she ran a low grade fever. Sunday night my throat hurt so bad and glands were swollen, and the sinus pressure was building. It was a lovely night. Abi didn't have a fever on Monday morning so I decided to not take her to the doctor- we just stayed in our jammies and played. Also, the washing machine decided to stop working- full of water and a ton of denim! Monday night I felt awful. Again, Abi woke up at 2am- nose full of junk, not able to breathe. I decided she in fact would visit the doctor on Tuesday- so I put her in bed with us hoping we would get a bit of rest. So...here's the run down on Tuesday:
-Woke up, showered, and got ready for the day (always a success, plus Eli had his program that afternoon)
-Emailed pediatricians office for Abi's appointment
-Woke Eli up, snuggled with him on the couch while he drank strawberry milk
-Eli rolled over and went back to sleep
-I hustled to get Eli's school stuff together and Abi's bag together
-Made coffee, oddly there was not a lid for my travel mug
-Got Chris out the door for work
-Pryed Eli awake, got him dressed
-Loaded the car
-Woke Abi up (why do kids insist on sleeping in when you need to go somewhere?)
-Backed out of driveway, some coffee spilled onto seat- but, with my smooth moves I was able to divert getting any on my pants!!! Very thankful b/c of my washing machine situation.
-Realized I wouldn't be able to get the kids McD's for breakfast and make it to school and doctor's on time- ran inside
-Gave Eli a Banana Moon Pie and Abi Fruit Snacks for breakfast (Mom of the year!)
-Due to construction on our normal route, I had to take a different road- bumpy, and yes, the WHOLE mug of coffee spewed on my jeans! No time to go back and change.
-Dropped Eli off at school (in which he cried hysterically)...did I mention I was freezing in my coffee drenched pants???
-Finally found the new clinic location (after going to another one), continued to feed Abi fruit snacks
-Praise the Lord for no ear infections or chest issues, got her an antibiotic and cough suppressant to help her sleep
-Went to WalMart to get her prescription- had a weak moment and bought sociables and squirt cheese, and chocolate cookies for Abs
-Picked up a hamburger and fries (Abi's request) for lunch
-Had a solid nap with Abi
-Went to Eli's school program- it was great! Especially when he picked his nose!
-Came home and started feeling worse and worse and worse
-Woke up at 3:45 with Abi...why?????????????? Had no voice.
-Woke up at 8am- no voice and terrible sinus infection.

Anyhow, Chris has been caring for me all day. Very blessed. He made breakfast (I did bathe the kids!), did dishes, called the doctor's office to get me a prescription called in, and took the wet clothes out of our washing machine. AND IT WORKED! Yes, I had over loaded it! We have a long running joke about me and clothes (or, Chris jokes about it!) and now he has proof! But, he's been keeping up with the laundry all day. When he picked up my medicine he also got a Nedi Pot (saline rinse), Orange Crush, and pizza bites. Love.
My symptoms have ranged from stuffy nose, incredible green drainage, sinus pressure, pain in my facial bones- but, hey, at least my throat hasn't been raw today!
And, my mom came over tonight and made chicken noodle soup- fantastic! And, she brought me some ice cream. The good stuff.
So, everything has been very random and unique. I'm hoping the z pack knocks this infection out! And, maybe my voice will return tomorrow??? I have a meeting at 9:30 and it would be awkward to have no voice at it! Oh well, I'm sure they've seen odder things!
Time to get some rest...

No comments: