Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Notes for January 7

Well, I really really wanted AbiJean to be born today. One reason is that Dr. Gorman is the delivering doctor today. But, the main reason is because today is the 20th anniversary/birthday of when I was saved.
What a wonderful way to seal this date. Twenty years ago our family had been in Costa Rica for less than two weeks. It was a Saturday morning and we were getting ready to go to a local amusement park. I was sitting on Mom's bed watching her get ready and began asking her about the story of the woman at the well. I don't remember why that story stuck out, but I was definitely intrigued by Jesus' answers. On the side of her bed, Mom led me in a prayer that forever sealed my place in His family. I remember walking with other missionaries and telling them about my decision. Isn't it interesting the things we remember from our childhood?
Anyhow, admitting I was a sinner and acknowledging my need for Jesus as my Savior has forever changed my life. My identity in Christ has spilled over into every aspect of my life. Every. I don't always get it right, but praise the Lord, He is faithful, loving, and gentle in guiding me thru life.
So, I would love, love, love to have Abi born on this day. It would be a great beginning to our special mother-daughter bond, much like I have with my mom. I can't wait to share with her the wonderful love of Jesus and watch His plans for her be revealed.
I had contractions all last night, but nothing that's led to going to the hospital. Of course, tomorrow is Elvis' birthday, which according to Auntie O would be an ideal birthday. Plus, Dad's birthday is the 10th. So, really anytime is good. We're ready to welcome our little cupcake into this world!
More to come as we approach her arrival!

1 comment:

Liz Johnson said...

Hey Kitty!

I hope you don't mind me stopping in, but I got your link from facebook... I hope that's ok.

I just wanted to say that I loved this entry. From one fellow Christian to another, I say AMEN! I love how having accepted Christ into my life has given me meaning and purpose in everything I do. I hope your little one comes soon!
- Liz Layton Johnson