Wednesday, February 9, 2011

SNOW!

To say we've had a record winter would be an understatement (over 12 inches last week). And, yesterday I was over the winter weather. Today, we have a record and whopping 24 inches (and still snowing!) and I love it! There is something so beautiful about falling snow and how it blankets everything. A visible reminder of salvation:

“Come now, let us settle the matter,”
says the LORD.
“Though your sins are like scarlet,
they shall be as white as snow;
though they are red as crimson,
they shall be like wool. " Isaiah 1:18

I love that the Lord wants us to reason with Him. We see who we really are when we come face to face with Him. Oh, but He is gracious enough to cleanse us! Anyhow, that's what all this whiteness reminds me of!

Cabin fever usually leads me to the kitchen. Today I made banana fritters for my snow bunnies. If I may say so myself, they were delicious and hit the spot!




Out the front door around 8am- all the bushes are already covered!


You can see little peaks where our outdoor lights are. This is several hours ago- the Expedition's tires are totally covered now.


Back yard at 8am. Now the snow on the bench is up with the table top!


We do really live in the South.


Chris measured this at 10am- still snowing though. He said it's too much snow when it pours over into his knee-high hunting boots!

No comments: