Wednesday, October 7, 2009

2 Random Acts of Kindness

Today I witnessed two random acts of kindness.
The first was at a middle school where I was doing some special testing to 7th grade PE classes. There was a boy who had been wearing the same pair of tennis shoes since last year. The sole on one of them flapped and he would tape it up each day before class. A coach brought him a pair from his home - a pair he said he wasn't using...but, I swear they looked brand new. He gave him to the boy in the teacher's area and another coach made sure they fit right. This kid was very excited to run laps in the gym in his new New Balances. No announcement. No applause. But, definitely an act of kindness that did not go unnoticed.
The second happened a mere five minutes ago. I was checking the mail and opened an envelope. There was a brief, yet beautiful, letter from some people dear to us that wanted to show their love to us and help us during this economy. Enclosed was some much needed and unexpected financial help.
I am reminded daily that God shows up right when we need him. And in ways that I can't understand. And in ways that I don't deserve.

No comments: