Thursday, June 2, 2011

Life verses this week

We're all adjusting to life as a family of five. The Lord has clearly given me a gift in my sweet son Caleb. Obviously, I feel that way about Eli and Abi Jean- but Caleb is a wonderful baby that is so sweet, laid back, and snuggly! The kids love him! Abi stood by him in his car seat the other day and proclaimed to Eli, "He is my best friend!" To which Eli replied, "No, he is my best friend!" A glimpse into brother/sister rivalry...but very sweet to already have a close bond with Caleb.
I wanted to note a few verses that have been like bread to me- nourishment directly from the hand of God. There are many areas of my life that are rich and full of blessing. There are also many areas of my life that are like a very dry and barren desert. That, truthfully, are too hard for words to be spoken. Or even prayers to be uttered. It is here where I find God's Word to be most precious. If there is ever a time to plant scripture in your heart, it is today because you never know when that is all you will have to comfort you.
"But as for me, it is good to be near God." - Psalms 73:28 (Caleb's life verse)
"Praise God, who has not rejected my prayer nor withheld his love from me." - Psalms 66:20
"You will not have to fight this battle. Take up your positions; stand firm and see the deliverance the Lord will give you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged. Go out to face them tomorrow, and the Lord will be with you." - 2 Chronicles 20:17
"Therefore He is able to save completely those who come to God through Him, because he always lives to intercede for them." - Hebrews 7:25
And, of course, there is our family's verse - "God has been very good to me." - Genesis 33:11

No comments: